Just minutes after Paul Ryan began his speech at the Republican convention on Wednesday, two protesters from the radical feminist group Code Pink stood up next to Mitt Romney’s VIP box and unfurled a pink banner with the word “vagina. can’t say it? don’t legislate it” on it, Greg Johnson reported at knoxnews.com.
“One woman, middle-aged (or perhaps a bit past) with bobbed blond hair, started shouting, ‘Hands off my healthcare.’ The younger of the two, a brown-haired woman appearing to be in her 20s, waved the banner and chanted, ‘My body, my choice,’” he wrote, adding that “only an aisle” separated him from the protesters.
Security came and quickly escorted the women out of the convention, and Ryan continued with his speech.
An article at the Raw Story identified the protesters as Col. Ann Wright and Laura Mills.
YOU GO GIRLS!!28 notes
- thegoodlady likes this
- wheres-my-monkey likes this
- champagnesupernovva reblogged this from project-peace-break-the-silence
- dirtbag-bebe reblogged this from project-peace-break-the-silence
- midnight-circuz reblogged this from project-peace-break-the-silence
- project-peace-break-the-silence reblogged this from riotgirl201 and added:
- project-peace-break-the-silence likes this
- jeanfapschtein reblogged this from uhliveone
- koreedelray likes this
- aestimo-scribo likes this
- emotionally-ready likes this
- naught-but-a-lioness reblogged this from cirque-du-nerd
- torilavie likes this
- girl-violence likes this
- riotgirl201 reblogged this from uhliveone
- cirque-du-nerd reblogged this from uhliveone
- cirque-du-nerd likes this
- miss-perkey likes this
- comeswiminmykiddie-pool likes this
- threads-of-my-heart likes this
- strawberrybehavior reblogged this from uhliveone
- uhliveone posted this